Sunday, June 7, 2009

Book Review: The Host

Last night, I finally finished reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer (same chic who wrote the Twilight series). It was a long book, but I took a hiatus in the middle to read another book that sounded more interesting :) The Host started off kind of "eh" for me - a little too sci fi for my tastes. But about 1/3 of the way through it got really interesting!

Basically, the book is about these alien "souls" that survive by being implanted into other living things. These souls recently invaded earth and pretty much took over all human life. However, there was a small group of humans that still existed in hiding. There was a soul that could not completely take over her host, and who went to find the host's family in that enclave. That's where it gets super interesting! I would recommend it!

For the first time in a loooong time, I don't have another book awaiting me. I need to go to the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment