Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Challenge Days 6, 7, and 8

My dear friend Alice Anne (who is currently training for a Figures Competition and is absolutely inspiring) asked me yesterday "Where did days 6 and 7 go?" I had NO idea what she was talking about - but duh...

So, I honestly don't remember much about this past weekend. I remember staying up until 2 a.m. on Friday/Saturday racing against deadlines for work. I remember taking the kids to Noodles Co. for lunch on Saturday ans splitting a dish with Bennett. I remember eating hot dogs for dinner. I didn't work out, but I DID chase after my crazy kids all day since daddy was busy moving into his new office!!!

Sunday, of course, was Easter, so we had lunch at my In-Law's house after church. I don't remember what I ate, other than a slice of mocha bread and a pink lemonade cupcake from Touche Touchet. Then, we went to the park with my parents for a picnic dinner and had grilled chicken, pasta salad, and fruit salad! And more running around with kids.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. Bennett woke up around 3:30 a.m. needing a diaper change. So, I got him back down to sleep, but then I couldn't sleep thinking about all the things I needed to do that day. I gave up and just got up and did a few hours of work before the morning hustle began. I should have worked out, but I really as tired, and I was on a roll with work.

Diet:
B - Kashi with raspberries
L - Grilled chicken sandwich from Chik-Fil-A (was on the road taking depositions at another office)
D - a few bites of cheese tortellini, three blue Peeps.
S - an organic apple

Definitely didn't eat enough yesterday, but I didn't have much of an appetite either.

I couldn't work out in the p.m. because I was driving Carter to my parents' so he could spend the night and go to the ZOO today! Lucky duck!

I weighed in this morning and am still sitting at 138.

I really need to get my "cheating" under control!!! I know meal-planning is a big part of it. I just haven't had time! Work has been cra-azy lately. I'm lucky to have TIME to eat!

I know it isn't about sticking the rules, but it IS about losing weight and getting in shape, and making excuses (however valid they may be) isn't going to make that happen!

Anyway, I owe ya'll a Tee-ball post and an Easter post, so I will try to upload pics tonight and get those up!

2 comments:

  1. Just keep on track! Do your best and don't fret about the "cheats" Try to eliminate temptations and keep your eyes on your goals! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Alice Ann- eliminate as much temptation as possible and keep looking forward! Stressing about stuff that didn't go "right" won't help in the long haul because you'll burn out. Each day is a new day- you can always do better. It's about progress not perfection. :) You can do it chica!!!

    ReplyDelete