Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm a Quitter

Folks, I tried. My best. My very best. But I simply could not finish reading Founding Mothers. I love history! Yet, this book did nothing for me but put me to sleep within the first paragraph every single night. I've been working on it for months (have you noticed?), and still only made it about 1/2 way through.

I think the problem is that the content of the book seemed poorly organized. The author kind of rambled from one thing to another. I really couldn't tell how it was organized - not by person, chronologically, etc. I just couldn't stay focused!

I hate quitting a book. I feel like a failure. Especially a book like this that has such a wealth of information that my brain would like to absorb! But at this rate (one paragraph per night), it would take me years to finish this darn book!

So, I'm cutting my losses and moving on to Outliers (-->), which has already has me as a captive audience. I betcha I'll be done with it in a few days, so look for the review (its gooooood!!!!).

1 comment:

  1. I would have quit after reading the preface...if it didn't excite me enough!

    ReplyDelete