Saturday, January 23, 2010

I WILL Survive!

Phew, another long work week tucked behind me! I guess you could tell from my conspicuous absence here that I've been a little busy. Yeah, that's an understatement. I worked more in the last two weeks than most people work in a MONTH. Insane.

Don't get me wrong, its good. But tiring. I just focus on the fact that this won't last forever. Ebbs and flows.

I've had so many great thoughts (well, I think they are great) in the past week to share, but haven't had a chance to. But I do want to share this article with you before I leave to embark on my busy weekend (mom, you gave the wrong middle name, it should have been "busy"):

The Test of Time: A busy working mother tries to figure out where all her time is going

I was whining to my dear friend AA about my lack of time yesterday and she sent me this great article. I could definitely relate to the author!! Tempted to start a time journal to see how much leisure time I have :)

How was YOUR week???? Please reply! I sometimes feel like I'm talking to myself here, but I see you reading!

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel like the author. I don't feel like I get any leisure time other than, maybe TMI here but what the hey, when I hide out in the bathroom . I'm not sure how that prof from UMD could find 30 hours of leisure time in my schedule or why he thinks that waiting for a tow truck constitutes leisure time. Maybe it's because he's a guy and he'd be busy relaxing. Ha. We women know that we'd be fretting about what we should/could be doing or hopping on the phone to make appointments or doing both at the same time. if you find time to keep a time journal, please let me know how it goes. I would probably lose one if I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to track my time for work in 6 min increments, so if I can get myself to keep it up outside of work, I probably could do it!

    ReplyDelete